Breaking News
Loading...
Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Info Post
Question: My husband and I have two couples of friends with whom we used to meet and spend time often. I noticed that they started holding back since my pregnancy became visible. When I offer to go somewhere on a weekend, they come along, but I don’t hear from them otherwise. From our previous discussions I know that both couples are childless by choice, but I hate to think that our decision to finally have a baby (we are in our late thirties) might affect our friendship with them.
Answer: Congratulations. Soon you will become a mother and forget all about what you previously called problems. If you are sure that your friends’ coldness has no other reasons but your pregnancy, please don’t be taken aback by it. After all, they were clear about their attitude toward babies. While not everybody of your age enjoys snotty noses, there are plenty of others out there who see their whole life in babies, and whom you will meet soon enough when you join their ranks. Children grow up fast. One day, when your future baby is off to college, your old friends might be back. Unless you’ll prefer a company of other empty nesters by then.

0 comments:

Post a Comment