Breaking News
Loading...
Saturday, December 5, 2009

Info Post
Question: My mom has a midlife crisis, or something. She recently tossed her glasses and switched to contact lenses. It would not be so bad if she wouldn’t have ordered those colored blue lenses. Our family came from India, and all of us have naturally dark hair and dark brown eyes. My mom’s beautiful eyes look awful with the blue lenses. They look milky and murky, and blind. No matter what my siblings and I tell her, she wouldn’t listen.
Answer: Your mother probably never had a chance to change her appearance before. I assume she was too busy working and raising children. I encourage you to stop nagging your mother and look around. You’ll see plenty of artificial body parts, installed by choice on healthy bodies in no need of additional collagen or silicon. You’ll see permanent tattoos that make people look bruised, and then sag or dimple with the aging skin. Something as harmless and as removable as contact lenses should not raise so much concern. I am sure you mom will have her fill with the blue lenses and eventually will toss them away. Your harsh words will stay with her longer. Please try to be kind.

0 comments:

Post a Comment