Breaking News
Loading...
Saturday, December 22, 2007

Info Post
Q: When I complimented a woman I work with on her new jewelry, she told me she bought it on her Christmas bonus. It upset me, because I haven't received one, although we hold similar positions and work equally hard for this small company. I always thought our unmarried boss had feelings for her, but I wouldn't imagine he would go as far as being unfair to other employees. Should I confront him?
A: If Christmas bonus is not mentioned in your benefits package, it is up to your boss to issue one for any employee--or not. By being indiscreet, contrary to a usual requirement at any workplace when it comes to monetary issues, your co-worker puts everybody involved in an uncomfortable position. While romancing a subordinate is not a morally pure thing to do, it is not a crime, and apart from some corporate tax-related issues, your boss's decision to give her a "bonus" might be just that--a romantic present. Get over it.

Send your questions to: editor.krasov@gmail.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment