Breaking News
Loading...
Thursday, February 19, 2009

Info Post
Hans from Greenbrae: Emma, I just read your advice to the woman who met a guy while both were drunk. I don’t agree that she should tell him bluntly that she remembers nothing about him. I think she should ask him to tell her about himself and, at a later date, ask for a picture. Obviously she is looking for a partner, but should be a little careful. If the correspondence pleases her, she could then start out with a cup of coffee at Starbucks. She should avoid meeting him for a drink, since she apparently can’t hold her liquor. You probably don’t care what I think about this anyway!
Answer: Hans, I do care what my readers think, and I thank you for your feedback. My advice to the woman who seeks partners in bars was rather ironic. Apparently, you couldn’t appreciate the irony, being overwhelmed with compassion (not that there is anything wrong with it). I just thought that since she was loaded and ready to leave the bar with him having no clue who the guy was, such pleasantries as prolonged correspondence and picture exchange were rather beyond her scope of interest. Don’t forget, she asked me how to play hard to get, not how to stay safe in dangerous situations. So, while both of us were still trying to warn her about possible danger (each in our different ways) she remains the one who takes risks and can’t care less about being careful.
Sheila from San Francisco: Emma, I read your advice to the woman with the 3 year old whom she is losing patience with. I would say that she should put the child part-time in childcare, that way they both get a rest from each other, the child gets to interact with her peers and make friends and the mom gets some alone time. They will come back together again refreshed and see each other in a whole new light. If she really can’t afford some daycare part-time then she should consider sharing with another mom and each of them can take both kids for a few hours a couple of times a week. She can join mom groups like Mothers & More for friendship and ideas.
Answer: Thank you, Sheila, let’s hope this woman will follow your great advice.
Ask Emma appears regularly on “Art and Entertain me” blog. Questions are answered in the order received. Send you questions and comments to: editor.Krasov@gmail.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment