Breaking News
Loading...
Sunday, September 26, 2010

Info Post
Question: I started this new diet, and I feel very fragile right now. First of all, my family members don’t support me and eat and snack in front of me, and even tease me and joke about my decision to lose weight. Secondly, I feel hungry most of the time and am ready to cheat and grab something from the fridge. Sometimes, I can hardly contain myself, but I know that if I slip once I won’t be able to stop. I don’t think I can hold on much longer unless I find a way to stick to my diet plan. I don’t share it with my friends at school, which makes it even harder, because they always eat junk, and I want to, too. Is there a way to accomplish what I want with less suffering?
Answer: Any diet you start should be discussed with your doctor first. There are many things your body needs that you might not be getting from your new diet. It could be really harmful. You might feel hungry exactly because you are being deprived of some necessary nutrients. It might be healthier for you to half your portions, or consume raw fruit and vegetables instead of manufactured sweets, but not eliminate some food groups altogether. Your family members can probably benefit from some reasonable adjustments to the family menu, too. Ask them first if they think this is important. A collective effort might prove more successful. In any case, you should be more concerned with your health than with your ability to follow a diet plan. As soon as you start eating healthier, you’ll feel better. As for losing weight, it’s definitely a health-related issue, so once again, talk to your doctor first.

0 comments:

Post a Comment